If you’ve ever dreamed about what it would be like to live the cowboy way of life, we invite you to come and experience the cowboy culture at Fort Laramie Bed and Breakfast. This way of life still exists today on our working ranch, The Cowboy Way Ranch. And a working ranch is the ideal place to get a true taste of life in the real West.
What is a Working Ranch?
Most working ranches are situated on hundreds of acres where large herds of cattle roam the land freely. They usually breed and raise their own cattle and horses.
How to Experience the Cowboy Way of Life at Fort Laramie Bed and Breakfast
The prevailing theme of our Bed and Breakfast is the experience and history of the cowboy. We welcome and encourage our guests to participate fully in the cowboy culture of the West at Fort Laramie Bed and Breakfast. Our guests can experience the life of a cowboy in the following ways:
- Accommodations – Step into the Old West with a great night’s sleep in our Sheep Wagon, Tipi, Cowboy Bunkhouse, or Officer’s Quarters.
- 1800s Back Bar – The back bar is the focal point of Fort Laramie Bed and Breakfast. It includes an extensive library on the history of the region including a 1900s newspaper collection.
- Food/Grub – From Arnold’s famous cowboy coffee to a true cowboy cookout serving stew or beans and biscuits cooked the cowboy way, you can experience the cowboy way of life through chuck wagon food cooked over an open fire.
- Steer Roping – Learn to rope like a cowboy. Practice the cowboy art of roping on our roping steer.
- Horseshoes – Play a round of this classic western competition.
- Stetson Toss – This one comes with a takeaway!
- Photo Ops – Take photos in our western-themed rooms, Hang ‘Em High Jail and Gallows, buggies and covered wagon.
- Campfires – Spend your evenings relaxing around an open campfire spinning good ol’ yarns just like the Cowboys did after long, hard days of living their cowboy way of life.
Come experience the cowboy way of life on The Cowboy Way Ranch with us this year. A Western adventure and ambiance at Fort Laramie Bed and Breakfast is just a click away!
1 (307) 532-6496
Open on a limited basis October thru April